Decorating the mantel

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Hello everyone! How your week going? We’re supposed to get some nasty weather this weekend – ice and snow I think? And of course today it’s supposed to get up to 60. Such is the life of a Hoosier.

I haven’t started decorating our fireplace mantel just yet for the holiday, but I’m planning on keeping it fairly simple this year. Simple for me still means LOTS of poufy greenery, but whatever. Simpler. ;)

I still say the mantel is one of the most difficult spaces to decorate – don’t you think? I think surfaces in general are hard – bookcases, sofa tables – those kinds of spots. That’s why when I figure out something I like on one of those areas I tend to leave it like that for eons.

Over the years I’ve a method that works for me when it comes to decorating over the fireplace:

how to decorate a mantel

I’m sharing a few of my tips today over at True Value’s blog, Start Right Start Here. (Unfortunately the link may not work for mobile users, they are addressing that now. Until then those of you using tablet or phone can see some of my tips on this post as well.) They may help as you tackle that space for the holidays and beyond. Hope you find them useful!

I’m off to tackle more Christmas decor – now I’m inspired to work on the mantel! :) Have a great one!

 

I was one of the bloggers selected by True Value to work on the DIY Squad. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program as well as writing about my experience. I have also been compensated for the materials needed for my DIY project. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment