Remembering

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Well another year has passed…13 years now. I share this post every year on this date just because I still can’t imagine talking about anything else.

If you’ve read here for a while you’ve probably seen these photos and have heard of our love for NYC. My first trip there was less than two weeks before September 11:

My husband took that picture from the top of the Statue of Liberty and it is eerie that you can barely see the towers behind me.

We’ve been back to NYC countless times and love the city so very much (we got married there!) – it’s hard for me to explain it. I joke that I lived there in a past life, it’s the only way I can make sense of my connection.

On every trip we try to make it down to Ground Zero to see the progress. This year we went back over spring break and I added a couple photos of the memorial at the end of the post.

Of course that day reached far beyond just New York. Remembering the devastation still brings me to my knees. These photos are from the Ground Zero Museum and tell the story of that day. This location is separate from the new memorial – it used to be closer to Ground Zero but it looks like it’s moved to 14th street. If you visit the city I highly recommend visiting both.

As always, I’ll let the photos do the talking. God Bless America.

 

 

117_thumb[1]_thumb[5]

(Freedom Tower)

0 comments:

Post a Comment